Sunday, December 28, 2008

YOU (me?-yes you) HAVE A CHOICE

What do you want? You do have a choice. Yes you. Weather you know it or not we all have a choice to be happy or miserable. Too many people don’t even realize this. Ignorance is not bliss! In fact, it can be very painful.
I am living proof. Earlier this year I went through a very painful separation from the woman I was supposed to merry. Whew, thank God that happened. She turned out to be a mega ego maniac but that is a blog for another day. This brake up was the ugliest and most pain filled experience I can remember. She hurt me deeply for her own satisfaction. (I may still be a little bitter but much wiser)
If I didn’t know any better I could have easily allowed myself to become bitter, angry, and full of blame. That would have been an easy choice. I decided to choose happiness over anger. This was not a difficult choice but it was by no means automatic. I searched for that happiness and did not stop until I found it. I am human. I still have my bad days but they are few and far between.
Now I practice happiness every day. It does take focus and work. The hard thing to realize is that you need to take responsibility for your behavior, your self-talk, and you own happiness. You can’t depend on others for your happiness, this only leaves you disappointed and unfulfilled. Living an existence of blaming others for all the things in your life you don’t like is the easy way out, or is it?
Wellllllllllll, do you think living a life focused on the situations and people that frustrate you and the reasons why they do is easy-OR-do you think living grateful and happy (regardless of what is going on in your life) would be better? (My still small voice says, “the choice is yours”.)
There will be more to come about how to achieve and maintain a happy spirit in weeks to come. For now you should visit my web site at www.thelearningcourse.com/productrec.html There you will find some wonderful resources my publisher friend Michele and I have personally read, listened to, or watched that have helped us make great positive changes in our lives.
Remember, WE ALL HAVE CHOICES. Comment me on your choices and ways you can make new ones. I invite you to email me at geoff@thelearningcourse.com if you have any questions or need help. I care about you simply because I choose too. Thanks for reading from the TLC guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello